Around Riverside Meadow
Riverside Meadow is positioned in a prime location on the banks of the River Exe, just outside the Devon town of Topsham. There are many great activities on offer in the local area and superb sights to see.
Steeped in history
The cathedral city of Exeter has an ancient history, dating back to Roman times, and a range of attractions and landmarks to enjoy.
- Exeter Cathedral – 12th-century Gothic cathedral
- The Royal Albert Memorial Museum – Award-winning cultural history museum
- Exeter Guildhall – An ancient guildhall that is still in regular working use
A bite to eat
Topsham, and nearby Exeter and Exmouth, have a great mix of eateries to sample, from cosy cafes to top rated restaurants. Enjoy a chilled glass of wine as the sun sets over the River Exe at Topsham’s Lighter Inn or head to Exmouth for freshly caught fish and chips with a seaview at Rockfish.
Some nearby favourites include:
- The Galley Restaurant – Fresh fish & seafood offering ‘the best of Devon on a plate’
- Pig and Pallet – Seasonal barbecue and cured meat dishes served on Topsham Quay
- The Salutation Inn – Fine modern dining using local ingredients and a weekly changing menu
Get in touch with nature
The local area affords countless opportunities to enjoy nature and the great outdoors. Within easy reach of Dartmoor, the Jurassic Coast and Pebblebed Heaths, there’s no shortage of great places to explore. The popular Exe Estuary Trail, linking Exmouth, Exeter and Dawlish, is also on your doorstep.
Bird watching is a popular pastime, and our Sofia homes have uninterrupted views across river Exe marshland – where can you witness some very interesting local and migratory birds.
Some other local nature spots include:
- Haldon Forest Park – 3,500 acre woodland park with gentle walks and a variety of activities
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens – Landscaped gardens with museum and family attractions
- Northenhay Gardens – Historic city garden in the grounds of Exeter Castle
Just ten minutes by bus from our luxury residential park homes, Exeter is a shopper’s paradise with a great mix of locally owned boutiques and big brand names, such as John Lewis and Debenhams. Closer by, Topsham has an eclectic range of independent food, gift and fashion stores and Aldi supermarket is just a two minute walk from the park.
Just a short bus ride from Riverside Meadow, Darts Farm Village offers fine fresh local produce, luxury homewares and delicious eating out options.
A round of golf and a bit of pampering
Exeter Golf and Country Club is just a few minutes from Riverside Meadow. This welcoming country club offers a wide range of sporting facilities, including one of Devon’s most prestigious 18 hole golf courses. The club also features an onsite restaurant, gym and club spa. So when you’re not keeping active, you can indulge in the pampering you deserve.
This is just a taster of what’s on offer nearby Riverside Meadow. For more information about the local area, or homes for sale, call our local and knowledgeable staff for a friendly chat on 01392 874771 or click here and request a call back at your convenience.